This is your opportunity to rise to the challenge. Parking and Transit Services, a division within University Business Services, seeks an experienced people leader with an expertise in the parking and transportation industry, especially special event management. This position will plan, organize and assist with oversight of event operations, parking coordination for construction and maintenance projects and day- to-day operations of Parking and Transit Services. This position will also be responsible for taking on the new challenges of managing the onset of commercial needs where managing multiple parking licenses and tenant relations will be key.
Candidates that possess skills in influencing others, providing leadership, collaboration, problem solving, and service excellence are encouraged to apply.
• Works collaboratively to provide strategic direction for department operations and efficiencies in service delivery.
• Assists with, and at times may oversee, major parking related maintenance projects.
• Manages contractor parking and access for campus related projects; staging, vehicle access, required passes and invoicing.
• Oversees full scope of event parking management on all ASU campuses, including budget, staffing, vendor management and coordination, logistics, customer satisfaction and after-action reports.
• Provides leadership to assigned staff, monitoring performance and payroll.
• Responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service and positive guest experiences.
• Analyzes event program statistics and after action data, provides recommendations for increased efficiency and customer service.
• Collaborates with communications team to ensure communication of all event parking impacts to university stakeholders.
• Builds strategic relationships with internal and external partners to accomplish department goals and objectives.
• Participates in university procurement processes; obtains bids, develops request for proposals; evaluates and provides input for contract negotiations.
• Supervises, hires, trains, and evaluates assigned staff.
• Works with employees to correct deficiencies; recommends and implements corrective action as required.
• Participates in planning, developing, and administering the department budget.
• Coordinates with student, faculty, staff, and departments to ensure that effective services are provided to the University community. Anticipates problems and recommends courses of action to address and resolve disputes.
• Manages enforcement of department policies and regulations to ensure fair and impartial administration of the system.
• Evaluates advances in parking technology pertaining to all aspects of parking management and provides recommendations for increased efficiency.
• Develops and maintains professional standards and procedures for production/operation of events.
• Stays abreast of innovative industry trends that would facilitate delivery of event services and recommends changes to improve services and operations.
• Assists with training and development of the event management team.
• Recommends internal and external training opportunities.
• Develops, implements and evaluates department programs, objectives and activities based on department goals.
• Represents Parking and Transit Services and serves on various department and University committees.
• Drives Arizona State University leased, owned or rented vehicles and carts to various ASU locations to perform work.
Bachelor’s Degree in business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and six (6) years of experience in parking operations and event management which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, ten (10) years of related parking and transit operations experience including three (3) years of supervisory experience, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Experience in higher education parking operations.
Evidence of a CAPP certification.
Experience in people/relationship management.
Experience in event management operations.
Experience with contract management, facility use agreements.
Experience with commercial parking operations; managing lease agreements, tenant relations.
Experience building a high performance employee culture.
Experience influencing and collaborating with leadership/management.
Experience leading cross-functional teams.
Experience in customer service.
Must possess a current and valid Arizona Driver's License upon employment. Post - Offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
This position will work Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm and requires schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends based on events and other off-hour activities.
Additional Salary Information: ASU offers a tuition waiver (to include yourself, spouse and dependents), paid vacation and holidays, an excellent benefit package, employee training and development opportunities, and an employee assistance program.
Internal Number: 53348BR
About Arizona State University
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree .
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected b...y law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check.
Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply: Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated. Close Date: 26-August-2019 - EXTENDED
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Parking and Transit Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.